Self-Requesting Patient Policy
We are now offering screening mammograms to self-requesting clients without a referral form.
This is ONLY possible if:
- The patient’s insurance does not require a referral
- The patient is able to provide the name of a practitioner who is willing to receive the results
- .The patient signs a liability release form at the time of the appointment.
Additional requirements are as follows:
- Aged 40 or over
- Have a normal breast history, (abnormal results requiring further imaging)
- Have no current breast health concerns or lumps and
- Have no recent history of breast cancer
To read the complete policy: click here
What NOT to Wear:
- Please wear a two piece outfit for your comfort.
- Do not wear any lotions, powders, perfumes, or deodorants in the areas that will be scanned because it affects the images.
- If your hair is long, bring something to tie it back.
- Deodorant pads will be available for your convenience.
MammoPads will be used during your exam to provide you with a soft and warm experience.
BCDC accepts insurance, self pay, Medicaid, Medicare, and provides services regardless of your ability to pay.
If you do not have the ability to pay, a BCDC staff person will contact you at the phone or email you list below: